1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, and location when you register for our Service, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and Medcorder and any other information you provide to Medcorder.
- Voice recordings and transcription. With your permission, we collect voice recordings and request access to the microphone on your mobile device in order to facilitate recordings for the Service. These recordings will automatically transcribe text into the voice recording tile within each “care room.” You may withdraw this permission to access your device’s microphone at any time from the ‘Settings’ app of your mobile device. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, whether federal, state, local or international, relating to the privacy of communication for all parties to a conversation, including without limitation, advising all participants in a recorded conversation that the conversation is being recorded and obtaining their consent, as required.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. We collect information about how you use the Service, your actions on the Service, and content you post to the Service, including your interaction with friends and others on the Service, voice recordings and photos you post to the Service, and any content you provide through in-app messages, or other functionality (“User Content”). To share photos, we will access your device camera with your permission. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the “Settings” app of your device. Please remember that Medcorder may, but has no obligation to, record and store User Content in order to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. By using the Service, you consent to the recording, storage, and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
- Address Book Information. You may wish to connect your account with those of your friends and family. With your permission, we may request access to your contact list available on your mobile device so that you can invite your friends and family to connect with you on the Service. When you send an invitation to your friends to join a “care room” through the Service, you will share with our servers the phone number and contact name for the individual you would like to invite in order to allow our service to send a customized SMS message to the person who was invited to join your room. We only send to the server the phone number and name of invited contacts so that others in the room can identify who these people are. We do not upload other information about these contacts or information about contacts other than those invited to your room.
- Location Information. We collect information about your location through GPS, Wi-Fi, wireless network triangulation, or other methods in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service. We may also approximate your location by your IP Address. We use your location data in order to let you share your location with others, remember where you made recordings, and to help you select which office you were in and what doctor you were meeting with, as well for us to understand where our services are being used in aggregate. We may also need to enable or disable portions of our service depending on your location to comply with local regulations.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to permit you to communicate with others on the Service, invite others to join the Service, or to send you surveys and promotional communications. We may also send you Service-related messages (e.g., account verification, updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
We may also use your information to understand our visitors and customers, and tailor our product offerings. We analyze statistics and trends to make our products better and to develop new services or features. We may also use your information to inform our machine learning algorithms to enhance and/or customize our Services.
For more information about your communication preferences, see “Control Over Your Information” below.